Well over on the advent calendar I showed them my recipe for Mince Pies and then I remembered that I was supposed to put the recipe up on here too.
Still enough time to make some for Christmas!
Have a Merry Christmas!
from Mrs MacCready x
Mrs MacCready’s Mince Pie Recipe!
150g cold unsalted butter
230g plain flour
67g golden caster sugar
One greased 12-hole baking tray
1. Add the flour to a large mixing bowl, then cut the butter into small cubes and put them in with the flour. Rub in the butter and flour with your fingertips and then add the sugar. Mix together until you can shape the pastry into a ball.
2. Preheat the oven to 200Â°C/Gas 6. Roll the pastry on a floured surface until it is about 0.5cm thick and use a cutter to cut circles. Press the circles into the baking tray and then fill with the mincemeat.
3. For the lids you need a slightly smaller cutter they fit perfectly over the top.
4. Brush the tops of the pies either with a beaten egg or milk and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the tops go golden.
5. Remove the tray from the oven and leave the pies to cool.
Then share them with some friendsâ€¦Or eat them all yourself!